UK Resistance – Its Time To Organise
- Through the utter contempt the present UK Parliament has shown to the will of the people to leave the European Union, it has made itself rogue and illegitimate.
- The wholly biased actions of the mainstream press and media are a stain on the proud history of the United Kingdom’s traditions of free speech and objective journalism.
- The increasingly, overbearing and thug like actions of the UK police in suppressing lawful dissent and dissenters are the culmination of Theresa May’s policies during her tenure as Home Secretary and Prime minister. Our police are becoming a political force not a policing force. Their job is increasingly to protect the government and its increasingly authoritarian methods against the people.
- The judiciary are supposed to be independent, but this claim has to be challenged in view of the increasing number of political arrests and harassment. Court cases are being constantly put back, delaying justice, which is of itself an injustice. The probation service is being used for a post sentence form of harassment and effective secondary sentencing which has to be reviewed.
It is time to organise against these state encroachments and abuses on our civil liberties and rights. Many on behalf of the European Union.
Because of the cost and time implications of travelling to London for most of the UK population we need to gather at other locations within the UK to protest. Wellknown and easy to get to.
To protest these and other grievances against Government we need to recognise public spaces we can go to protest in as centres of discussion and dissent. To start with here are 25 major population centres in the UK. Once central places are located they will be published here.
- London – 8,615,246
- Birmingham, West Midlands – 1,224,136
- Glasgow – 801,198
- Leeds, West Yorkshire – 761,481
- Bristol – 617,280
- Liverpool, Merseyside – 552,267
- Manchester, Greater Manchester – 520,739
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire – 518,090
- Edinburgh – 482,005
- Cardiff – 447,287
- Leicester, Leicestershire – 443,760
- Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire – 372,775
- Bradford, West Yorkshire – 349,561
- Coventry, West Midlands – 325,949
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire – 315,862
- Kingston-upon-Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire – 314,018
- Belfast – 295,223
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear – 282,442
- Sunderland, Tyne and Wear – 275,506
- Brighton, East Sussex – 273,369
- Derby, Derbyshire – 270,468
- Plymouth, Devon – 261,384
- Wolverhampton, West Midlands – 254,726
- Southampton, Hampshire – 253,651
- Swansea – 240,332
Alphabetical + Meeting Places
Please note: The London direct action meet-up takes place in Trafalgar Sq every Saturday at 12:00, Other actions take place there but you need to get to know the people to be informed about where and when.
A 12:00 noon meeting time would be a good start. You can devlop contacts, talk politics, strategy and tactics to get the message to the our rogue Parliament and Government we have had enough.
Belfast, Belfast City Hall, Donegall Square, Belfast BT1 5GS ; Train Stn Gt Victoria St 200m
Birmingham, Town Hall Sq, West Midlands, ; New St Train Stn
Bradford, Channing Way, Centenary Square, West Yorkshire Bradford BD1 1HY ; Train Stn 200 & 600m
Brighton, Brighton & Hove City Council, Bartholomew Rd, Brighton BN1 1JW, East Sussex ; Train Stn 1Km
Bristol, Queens Square, Bristol, Bristol BS1 4LH, Station Temple Meads 500m
Cardiff, Alexandra Gardens/City Hall, King Edward VII Ave, Cardiff, CF10 3ND ; Central Train Stn 500m
Coventry, speakers corner, 7 Little Park St, Coventry, West Midlands CV1 2UR ; Train Stn 800m
Derby, Council House, Corporation St, Derby, Derbyshire DE1 2FS ; Stn Derby Midland 1Km
Edinburgh, Scott Monument, E. Princes St Gardens, Edinburgh EH2 2EJ ; Train Stn Waverley 100m
Glasgow, George Square, Glasgow, Scotland G2 1DH
Kingston-upon-Hull, Hull City Hall, Queen Victoria Square, Carr Ln, Hull East Riding of Yorkshire HU1 3RQ ; Train Stn 200m
Leicester, Town Hall Square Fountain, 7-9, Every St, Leicester, Leicestershire LE1 6AG ; Train Stn 500m
Leeds, Central Square, Wellington St, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4DL; Leeds Train Stn 300m
Liverpool, Clayton Sq, Great Charlotte St, Liverpool L1 1QR Merseyside; Central Train Stn 200m
London, Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London WC2N 5DN; Nearest Tube Charing Cross
Manchester, Town Hall Square, Greater Manchester M60 2LA ; Train Stn Manchester Piccadilly 600m
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Grey’s Monument, 150 Grainger St, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 5AF ; Train Stn 500m
Nottingham, Town Hall, Nottingham NG1 2BS , Nottinghamshire ; Train Stn 400m
Plymouth, The Square, 82 New George St, Plymouth Devon ; Train Stn 800m
Sheffield, Peace Gardens, Pinstone St, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 2HH; Train Stn 400m
Southampton, Civic Centre, Civic Centre Rd, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 7EJ
Stoke-on-Trent, Stoke Town Hall, Glebe St, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1HP Staffordshire ; Stoke-on-trent Train Stn 300m
Sunderland, Mowbray Park, Borough Rd, Sunderland SR1 1PL Tyne and Wear
Wolverhampton, Prince Albert Statue, Queen Square, Wolverhampton West Midlands WV1 1TX ; Train Stn 500m